These Detox Drinks You Just Can Not Let To Try
What is a Detox?
Detox drinks are all the rage in health circles, and yet there are still some that you might not have tried.
There are lots and lots of detoxes out there, and you may have never actually stopped to consider what a detox truly is.
Well, at the most fundamental level, a detox is a period of time in which you remove toxins from your system.
For some people, this is a periodical thing, while for others it’s a once in a blue moon event.
Detoxes started out as more passive affairs, where people would simply eat and drink a lot of plain food and water in order to allow their bodies to process any toxins within their system.
Over time, however, detoxes have become more active in their nature. Now, people are pro-actively adding ingredients to their diet which have a number of known health benefits.
Detox smoothies and drinks are some of the most condensed versions of that.
Taking a Deeper Look Into It
The theory behind detox smoothies is that by ingesting a concentrated form of a number of beneficial ingredients, you’re sure to do your body a world of good.
In order to fully explain the concept behind this health-focused idea, we might need to use an example.
This is going to be quite general, but you know your body best, so this might not be the tailor-made solution you’re looking out for.
Let’s say that you’ve had a period of time in which you’ve overindulged.
There’s been a lot of fatty foods and alcohol, and now you’re feeling the weight of it.
In order to combat that, there are lots of ingredients that can help!
To combat the toxins in your system, charcoal is a great cure-all.
Food-grade charcoal can be found at a number of health stores and has been shown to purify the contents of the stomach.
To help make the smoothie more palatable, perhaps you could opt for coconut water and ginger.
Both of these ingredients are detox favorites and have been shown time and time again to help with bloating and other consequences of over-indulging.
Blending those ingredients together will be sure to get you a fantastic general-purpose detox drink.
Now, check our list down below and try a new best detox today!
Some Delicious Detox Drinks
This detox is lemonade turned up to eleven. Combining the cleansing properties of lemon with the digestive help of mint, it’s a must-try for detox enthusiasts.
You can optionally add a little honey to sweeten up the drink, it’s delicious!
- 5 whole lemons.
- 3 bunches of mint.
- ½ a cup of honey.
- Crushed ice or ice cubes.
- This is a simple one. Set up your blender and add all the ingredients, along with a very generous amount of crushed ice.
- Blitz until thoroughly smooth and rich, serve over additional ice if you want it extra cold!
Coconut Water with Lemon and Mint
Lemon and mint seem to be cropping up a lot on this list, but we don’t mind because they make such an amazing combination.
This drink can cleanse the toxins from your liver and intestinal tract and leave you feeling much lighter and energized.
- 1 coconut
- Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon
- Break a coconut in half, and empty the water into a jug.
- Scrape the coconut flesh off using a sturdy spoon.
- Chop it finely, and add it to the coconut water.
- Add the mint, honey, and lemon juice to the coconut water as well.
- Mix thoroughly, and serve over ice.
Fruit Infused Tea
There is a lot of different fruit-infused teas out there, and they offer a whole host of different benefits.
A particularly popular trend at the moment is to blend some of your favorite fruits, and then allow them to steep over hot water for five to ten minutes.
Personally, I love blueberry and ginger tea! It sounds like an odd combination, but I promise, it’s delicious!
- 2 chamomile tea bags.
- 1 orange.
- 50 grams of berries.
- 50 grams of blueberries.
- 10 grams of ginger.
- 8 to 10 mint leaves.
- 2 cups boiling water.
- Brew all of the ingredients together for four minutes using freshly boiled water. Optionally, bruise the mint leaves and ginger before adding them to the drink for greater flavor.
- Serve hot, perhaps with a small snack.
Chances are that you’ve done a turmeric detox at some point during your health-oriented activities, but it’s worth doing it again.
Why not take a short cup of turmeric tea in the morning and one in the evening every day for a fortnight?
Turmeric’s a renowned cure-all, and it’s been used for its detoxing and cleansing properties for a long, long time.
Give it a try today!
- ½ tsp turmeric.
- ½ tsp ginger, finely chopped.
- ¼ tsp black pepper.
- 1 tsp honey.
- 2 cups of water.
- Fill a pot with the water, and heat until simmering. Add all the other ingredients, and stir well.
- Continue to boil until the liquid in the pan reduces by half.
- Serve hot.
This is an Indian drink which is great for a summertime detox. It’s made up of mango pulp which is blended with cumin, jeera, and mint leaves.
This refreshing drink can be really energizing, and it’s really good if blended with ice to make a thicker, smoothie-style drink.
- 2 tsp salt.
- 2 tsp black rock salt.
- ½ cup sugar.
- 2 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds.
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves.
- 500 grams of green mangoes.
- 2 cups of water.
- Boil the mangoes until the flesh becomes soft and the skin gets discolored.
- When they’re cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the mangoes and place the flesh into the jug of a blender.
- Add all the other ingredients, water included, and blend thoroughly.
- Serve over ice.
If you want you can also take a look around online for other similar ingredients, and learn how best they can help you.
This is just a short sample of some of the lesser-known detoxes that are out there, but it’s a selection that we’re quite fond of.
Give them a go today and make sure to share what you think on social media.